Monday, 1 September 2014

Bogglingly moving along into September.

The summer was here, we were at the cabin, I enjoyed my time immensely, and I have stopped vomiting-almost altogether.  The few times I tried corn were the nastiest.  Also, can't have gluten-free beer--but only because it gave me a wicked ache in the belly and the head.  Not for me.  Lifetime total beer consumption=2.  Both were last week.  I had to know!  Other beverages, yes- beer? No.  It seems I will not be the one to reach into the fridge on a hot day, pull out a beer, and enjoy the refreshing bubbles...But OH WELL- there are other things to drink.

Repatriating would have felt more smooth had the teacher's strike in BC not been happening; but overall, it's been fairly smooth.  The logistics are always something to manage, but manage we do.  The tales of my friends' moves are fun for me--because I know it's not just us, and there is often abundant humour in the chaos!

As it is now, there is no date set to start school.  I have Facebooked all the news articles I felt were worth sharing; and I've asked every friend I have to demonstrate their support for teachers and education.  In a country as prosperous as Canada, it's unconscionable to me that education is not a priority.  Without it, the gap between the haves, the have-less, and the have-nots will widen, and weaken the country in the long run.  With education as a priority, society strengthens, and everyone is healthier, happier, and more peaceful.  Teachers have not sworn a vow of poverty-but they're heading into being the working poor...There--all my opinions, in a nutshell.

The business I want to start is going to go a little more slowly, as there are three kids at home to school...but I'm going to consider it a multi-tasking parenting-professional challenge.  It will be easier now that the house is functioning.  It's difficult to operate a business without a place to be, a desk to sit at, and internet connection--all that is remedied now!

As for health, the gym is set up again, so tv watching is going to be easier...as I feel no guilt at all for sitting on the bike, and watching a show or two.  Also, we have tv again, which means a weaning off iTunes!  Should be good.

There are many things to start, and the cooler days of fall are always inspiring to me-- Cheers and chao!


No comments:

Post a Comment