Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Up we went--Piedra del Penol, Colombia

Leaving Medellin, through Rio Negro

Heading into the farmlands, where almost every hill is cultivated... relating to yesterday's "To Market To Market" post.

A larger than usual farmhouse

Cows.  Hills.  Passenger. Amazed that the colours worked at all!

A more usual sized farmhouse

More crops, because I know a few friends who will find the crops of veggies interesting!


Blurring veggies, people working in the fields.

Frequently out an about, this is the second tank...very often they're around--he gave us the thumbs up

A very typically small farmhouse, on the finca (farm)


For the constructors we know!  They're building a retaining wall almost entirely by hand




I was shocked by the colours in this pic!  And the sun:)  

First glimpse of La Piedra del Penol

Inside joke we're willing to share...it all started when we had horses blocking our way on an ascent in Chile..."Mom--that's a picture of a horse's BUTT!  So, there's also this one, and a zebra...in our vacation pics.

Closer...larger....

Arrived...and the first snap of the 360 view, just like this, all the way 'round



Before

During

Higher

Yup-we did that:)

It was  90 minute drive, and I gave the front seat to kiddo, who wasn't feeling great, and I had to stop a few times on the stairs, not from being tired, but from being so carsick I was looking for "discreet" opportunities to vomit over the side...which there WERE not.  Got the banos at the top.  Better.  Descent was way, way better!

No comments:

Post a Comment