Saturday, 11 January 2014

Integrating other perspectives...

This blood type focus has been available for a long while, yet I've always been a skeptic...however, since it's just food, and I need to eat anyway, and I'm already crazily, crazily specific/restricted-this might help me focus on finding foods that nourish.  I'm going to combine this set of ideas in with the others, and soon, I'll blog and credit the researchers in one large plan...Happily, and reassuringly actually, there is much that I can make agree with these- hormone balance, blood type, and low histamine, as they seem to be saying the same things, with different explanations.

The facets of my education in Biology and experiences with allergy, and finding health only through a gluten-free recommendation from a nurse in Saskatoon, Flo (last name forgotten-sorry!), and all the trials and experiments of my own along the way are all wrapped up in this latest experiment.  I think if I do all of these at the same time, I'm going to have the best shot at feeling strong and healthy again.  Our lifestyle of living in different countries has added an aspect of challenge as well; but the upside is that when it comes to my health-I'm the only continuity I have.  This means I feel responsible for my own health, perhaps more than if we were a stationary family.

This doesn't mean I'm on my own however, as I have found an excellent doctor here who specializes in Endocrinology...and he's the one who helped with the odd joint pain I'd been having, and he's also the one who gave me the prescription for the stress acne side effect.  I have only one active explosion on my face at the moment, and I'm more than happy to be without the pain of eruptions.  I'll be there again soon, and hopefully, tune the thyroid meds again.

So for today Bloodtype is where I'm looking, to find the commonalities...maybe this afternoon I'll get the low-histamine list in too-but then again, maybe I'll be post holiday grocery shopping, or on the bike, with a new episode to distract me.  I'm slightly conflicted with the site though, because there is so much for sale, which is always a "critical thinking ahead flag" -- so I need to include that disclaimer...

The next step today is creating a baseline--scale (UGH), but I'll get over it.  I haven't done this kind of global approach before with regard to tracking, preferring to just do what seemed necessary at the time--diet, with some exercise--but this time, I want to be more aware of the state of affairs...I think I need the reference, if not for the success of it, at least for the mental anchor so that I can see progress, because once I'm feeling better, I tend to forget how crummy it was...This time, I want to have more data!

Cheers and chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment