I'm hoping I can execute it well! I was going slow cooker, and rice cooker, but then I looked at the clock, thought about swimming lessons, and decided to go oven.
Ham with spicy brown honey mustard. Cut, in casserole, into oven. Done.
Rice...little tentative about the oven steamed rice, so I looked up the method, and am doing a risotto idea, in the oven. I've read something about 375 degrees F.
I have a broccoli slaw in the fridge, ready cut-still veggies, so I'll count that as healthy eating! And there are mini cucumbers that I'll cut up as needed. I wanted to leave Mom and Dad with dinner, ready to go when they like to eat, and I wanted it to be able to stay in the oven until we're back from swimming lessons with tired, starving kids.
The rice should be boiling right about now, so that's nearly in the oven. Rice, chicken stock, fresh dill, parmesan cheese and a couple of tablespoons of butter.
It's been a great day so far, I swam in the pool here-where there's a current! Oi. It's how I imagine swimming in a lake would feel on a windy day. My back is aching. My legs were jelly for over an hour!!! My arms were a little heavy. It was awesome! Still is, and as always, I'm inspired to eat better when I recall how much effort I've put into the physical activity!
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment